Search by Tags or Keyword
Want to Burn Fat and Lose Weight? Fat Burner 3.0 is the best way for you to get the lean hard body you have always desired. With 3 workouts a week at the gym, a basic nutritional guide, and 3 more additional light walking days - PHASE I is designed for beginners to start their Fat Loss journey.
Intermediate/Advanced exercises are encouraged to begin their Fat Loss journey with PHASE II ... Phases III and IV ARE COMING SOON! Let's Burn the fat off your belly, arms, waist, neck, everywhere! This plan Includes a nutrition guide and EATING PLAN!
See Workout Notes for details. This program includes a basic nutritional guide and Free Eating Plan.
**Please read disclaimer at bottom of this page before beginning this program.**
Don't forget to also follow Armstrong Fitness on Facebook - www.facebook.com/armstrongfitnessinfo
WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS are found below the BASIC GUIDE – This includes info on the workout structure, rest periods, etc. As mentioned in the description – this program is meant more for beginner exercisers – so if you have never really worked out before or haven't in a very long time this is the perfect place to start. People who have trained in the past or are currently training should start off with PHASE 2 of the Fat Burner 3.0 program.
BASIC GUIDE - GOAL SETTING AND NUTRITION:
1) Goal Setting and Tracking Progress... In order to see the best results when it comes to getting the body you desire Goal setting is a very important component. How can you work towards something (ie. training at the gym everyday) if you aren't sure exactly what that is? So at Armstrong Fitness we strongly suggest you set goals to work towards. From "Training Specific" - such as I want to be able to do 20 push ups without resting... to "Body Specific" - such as I want to lose 25 pounds of fat and build lean strong muscle. Another thing to consider is to record your weight and take “before” pictures prior to starting this program. And to do the same thing every month along the way to track your progress.
For more help with this you can purchase a Goal Setting, Progress Tracking and Nutrition program from Armstrong Fitness by either contacting us directly here on Gym Nut or by emailing email@example.com.
2) Nutrition ... This program is designed to help you BURN FAT and LOSE WEIGHT. As with all training programs for the best results DIET makes up around 75% of the puzzle. Unless you are eating the correct amounts of the right things - in addition to training - than you won't see the best results. Water consumption is also very important. You should be consuming water all day. And you should be consuming water previous to your workout, during, and after - not just during.
Gaining weight and losing weight, comes down to the basic principle of: **Calories IN vs. Calories OUT** With Fat Burner 3.0 one of the main focuses will be a CALORIE DEFICIT. This means you will need to be burning more calories than you are consuming. YOUR BODY NEEDS a calorie deficit to BURN FAT. A healthy rate to gain or lose weight is 1 to 2 pounds per week. 1 pounds is equal to 3,500 calories and 2 pounds is equal to 7,000 calories. So in order to lose 1 or 2 pounds per week you will need to be burning an additional 500 to 1000 calories per day (7 x 500 = 3,500 and 7 X 1000 = 7,000). Technically you can eat pretty much anything and as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will lose some weight – but in order to target burning fat and maintain/toning muscle, along with being healthier and feeding your body what it needs!!! you need a specific Macronutrient breakdown.
There are a lot of different ways to calculate how many calories you need (your daily caloric needs) - but a basic rule of thumb when you are trying to burn fat/lose weight is to consume your body weight X 11-13 calories. So for the 200-pound person who wants to burn fat/lose weight – on average they would be consuming between 2200 and 2600 calories in combination with this exercise program to BURN FAT. (Some people have higher metabolisms and some people have more active jobs, etc. so these numbers aren't perfect and can be adjusted to be slightly higher or lower depending.) The structure of your diet in terms of MACRO (CARBS, PROTEIN, FAT) nutrients is also very important. A good structure to follow to BURN FAT while also maintaining as much muscle as possible is 50% carbs (complex like quinoa/brown rice - not simple carbs like sugar), 30% protein, and 20% Fat.
For a Diet that lays everything out like this contact Armstrong Fitness on Gym Nut or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can follow these BASIC DIET RULES below and try to match everything up as best as possible so that you don't go above the daily amount of calories you should be consuming for FAT LOSS / along with trying to consume a similar macronutrient breakdown mentioned above 50/30/20.
BASIC DIET RULES
1) AVOID / Don't Consume: Anything with MSG, Anything with HFCS, Any TRANS FAT, FAST FOOD, PROCESSED or PACKAGED FOOD, White Bread, Chips, Pop/Soda, Diet Pop/Soda, Juice, Chocolate, Candy, Cookies, Biscuits, Cakes, Pastries, Muffins, a lot of sauce on your food (replace with less calories/sugary stuff) or ALCOHOL!
2) Drink 2 or More Liters of Water Per Day. Aim for 3 Liters on training days.
3) Daily Meals will consist of the following ... 2 of your meals will consist of Protein Shakes...If you are over 200 pounds this shake should contain 2 scoops of protein powder, 1 banana, 2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds, 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk and you can also add in another cup of berries if you like. If you are between 150-200 pounds this shake should contain 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 banana, 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds, 2 cups of unsweetned almond milk and you can also add in another cup of berries if you like. If you are between 100-150 pounds this shake should contain 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 banana, 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds, 1 cups of unsweetened almond milk, and you can also add in another cup of berries if you like. MAKE sure to add a little water or ICE to add some more fluid / make this colder if need be. So you have those shakes at either breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And than 1 meal will consist of a regular meal with the following breakdown...if you are over 200 pounds you can consume 1 and 1/2 cups of some kind of healthy whole carb at dinner like brown rice, quinoa, yellow split peas, whole wheat pasta, etc. If you are less than 200 pounds this amount drops to 1 cup. Also with this meal you can have whatever cooked veggies you want and as much (lean) protein as you want or are hungry for. Only eat what you can while sitting at the table. This meal could be breakfast where the whole carb is regular oatmeal and protein/veggies such as a veggie omelet, etc. Or it could be a lunch or dinner that is something like chicken and cooked veggies over rice. Avoid using a tonne of oil or butter in your cooking. So this meal will be breakfast, lunch, or dinner depending on when you have your shakes.
4) You can Snack on raw fruits, veggies, and other safe snacks throughout the day to satisfy your hunger. You can eat the F and V plain or dip them in a reasonable amount of hummus or guacamole. Safe snacks include: i) all natural peanut butter and raisins on celery, ii) small amounts of dried fruit, iii) small amounts of nuts and seeds - example handful of almonds. If you are starving at night eat some zero fat greek yogurt or have some more almond milk.
5) After 14 Days of this - you follow the same pattern but for your supper meal you can eat whatever you want. The rule is though once you get up from the table you are done ... and don't eat so much that you make yourself feel sick. The above diet rules won't necessarily work for everyone but is a good place to start in regards to choosing whole, healthy foods, and reducing the junk/excess calories ... For a diet that goes over the numbers more or a customized diet, etc. that takes out all of the guessing work for you ... contact Armstrong Fitness here on Gym Nut or by emailing email@example.com Also keep in mind there are also other factors such as body type, genetics, and things like the amount of proper rest/sleep you get that can effective a training program/nutrition plan can be. If you are considering taking a pre-workout it is suggested that you simply drink Green Tea 45 minutes before a workout to get a little kick.
WORKOUT INSTRUCTIONS: As this is a beginner phase - always remember that good form and technique are the most important things to consider when training - as by performing exercises properly you will avoid injury and it will allow you to get the best results properly from a designed programs goals.
WARM UP FOR ALL OF THE DAYS IS THE SAME - simply chose a cardio exercise and perform that movement for 5 to 10 minutes - to a point where you are warm, sweaty, and ready to train. You should also do arm rollouts, shake your body out, and feel free to do any other dynamic stretches you need to get your body loose. You should also do a very light set of the first exercise for that day for more reps than the first set is. Each PHASE IS PROGRESSIVE - this means we are going to be constantly upping the amount of weight we use to train with. By keeping track of your reps – once you can do the number of sets for a specific exercise at the top end of the rep range than you need to bump up the weight. As with all training programs good technique and form should be your first priority over strength / lifting heavy.
Structures of each day…
Fat Burner 3.0 features 3 Gym Days per week. And 3 light cardio Days.
The 3 Gym Days - Day 1, 3, 5 - all involve working through a number of exercises. You are to perform each exercise in sequence - so exercise 1 for the desired number of sets and reps, followed by exercise 2, etc. REST 1.5 to 2 minutes between each set. So for example on Day 1 you want to do 3 sets of Dumbbell Squats for 12 to 15 reps, where after each set you rest for between 1.5 and 2 minutes and then you move on to push ups. IF you find certain exercises are too difficult or your form doesn't seem right contact Armstrong Fitness for a modified version of that exercise or a different one to replace it. If you find any exercises cause you uncomfortable pain - stop them immediately and consult a PT or other health professional.
PHASE 3 and PHASE 4 – COMING SOON! They are a similar structure but focus on building the body in slightly different ways.
**DISCLAIMER** Make sure you see your physician before starting any exercise or nutrition program. If you are sedentary, have high cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, are overweight, or are over 30 years old you must have a complete physical examination before beginning any exercise or nutrition program. Please discuss all nutritional changes with your physician or a registered dietician. By moving forward with this program you are taking personal responsibility for your own health and safety. Neither Armstrong Fitness, nor Gym Nut will be held responsible or liable for any injury, health issues, etc. sustained while exercising at your home, gym or elsewhere Or any issues caused by following a nutritional plan purchased. Although this program is designed to get results there are sometimes unforeseen factors that cause some people to see better results than others. And we are in no way responsible for your total amount of weight gain, weight loss, etc.
One of a selected OFFICIAL GYMNUT TRAINERS
With over 10+ years of experience, at Armstrong Fitness we know what works and what doesn't!
We only offer top notch programs that will allow you to reach the fitness goals you desire (All of our workouts also contain at leat some diet and nutrition info - some contain full nutritional guides).
We have been providing online training for over 6+ years and know exactly how to communicate things so all of your questions are covered.
We truly believe that "Hard work, training right and eating right do yield results - you just have to stick to it!"
By checking out our "workouts" below you will see we have training programs and diets available for any and all fitness/body composition goals/situations. You can unlock almost all of these programs/diets for free by sharing them via social media.
We promise you won't find any other programs on GymNut that will offer as detailed instructions and information included with their programs.
For additional info and Customized Plans please contact us here.
Don't forget to follow us on our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram Channels.
We are the creator of the "Body Fit" Program - which was converted into an ACL injury prevention training regime at the University of Western Australia and is currently being used by the Autralian Women's National Field Hockey team, the Australian Women's Rugby Team, and others. If you are involved in any sports teams (particularly those with female athletes between 14-25 contact us and we can get you this program - female athletes in the age range mentioned are at the highest risk for ACL damage and this program has been scientifically proven to help prevent injury. It can also be used to prevent the same injury for male athletes as well - it's just females are more at risk).
We have a strong belief in using scientifically proven methods, along with personal results and tailoring. With an Honours Kinesiology background and education from one of the top KIN schools/programs in the world we pride ourselves on understanding the science behind everything we promote and are working to constantly learn new things/new techniques/new styles of training and eating to help maximize our clients results.
We think of every body composition goal as a science experiment with your body and want to educate you on how to get there.
Influences / Inspirations include:
Scientifically = Dr. Stuart Phillips, Dr. Martin Gibala, and Dr. Johnathan Little.
Historically = Arnold Schwarzenegger, Franco Columbu, and Mike Mentzer.
Current = Tom Venuto, Tony Horton, and Greg Glassman.